Sunday, January 20, 2013


“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams” -Henry David Thoreau.

Well this is it, this quote has inspired me and motivated me to make many changes in my life over the past year, and now I am taking the next step--making a commitment to writing. This is why I am here, creating this blog, because I want to share my words with the world; I want my writing to someday be read by the millions. I seek to create, to entertain, and to inform.

I am a stay-at-home mom for my beautiful little girl Ember Raelee, and am blessed that my partner has been able to provide for us, allowing me to stay at home to raise our daughter. I admit that it has not been easy. Things are tight for us right now, and sometimes difficult, but I have the confidence that we are moving towards happiness and prosperity. The power of positive thinking is truly real, and I do my best to live my life with this in mind. In the fall of 2012 I returned to college, and finally found the courage to commit myself to a degree. College has proven to be challenging (especially with a 1 ½ year old), but I truly enjoy learning, and I love knowing that with each class I am one step closer to my dream of a degree in English.

I chose the title of The Pagan Mom for my blog because this is a huge part of who I am. I love my spirituality, I love the openness, and the freedom of it, and I love its earth-based core. However, it saddens me that many people do not understand what it means to be Pagan, often associating it with a negative stigma. I wish to encourage people to open their minds, and to educate themselves with the unknown. If there is anything I can hope to share with this blog, it is that.

My goals for starting this blog is to build a confidence within myself and in my writing. Writing is what I want in life, and I am taking the steps that I know I must in order to achieve it. I wish to share my random thoughts on raising a Pagan family, on being a student, a mom, a partner, etc. I am looking forward to this outlet for myself, and in seeing where this step will lead me. Here’s to much more written randomness soon, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment